DELEGATE SERVICES EXECUTIVE
This primary focus for this position is to provide an excellent delegate experience for everyone that attends an event organised by Auaha, whether it’s our event or an event for our clients. The goal is to take ownership of the delegate journey (pre and post registration).
We need someone who is customer focused and highly competent working with online event technology to manage the customer journey. You’ll need to be super organised with an ability to juggle multiple tasks across multiple events to ensure the delegates receive a very personalised service.
This position would be perfect for you if you’re positive, tech-savvy, and know how to communicate with warmth and grace while having to deliver a stern message at times. Be confident preparing reports for the project manager and contributing to the project team.
We’re looking for someone who wants to work in a fast pace team delivering multiple business events a year. You’ll know that it’s the little things that really count (it’s this mentality that helps you excel in a support role). You’ll be comfortable tracking the numbers for registration and accommodation that you’ll include in a report to the project manager.
We’re not your average company — we always make sure our team members have freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun – because events are demanding! The events world will require you to work some long hours at any time of the week and day as well as onsite at events — that’s why we need our team members to be flexible too.
The tasks required in this role mostly fit into an average 9-5 schedule. Our dream delegate services executive is open to finding their own rhythm and creating a schedule that serves their life while also ensuring they get the job done and being available to support our delegates.
This is a part-time position (30 hours p/w), that reports directly to our Event Director, while also working closely with other key members of our team (who all work remotely). You must be a work-eligible resident of Aotearoa (NZ) to apply for this position.
We’re looking for a passionate person who understands that delegates are at the heart of every event and knows what it takes to create a memorable customer experience, with an understanding of Te Reo Mãori me ona tikanga. You’ll also be confident in your ability to stay on top of lots of moving parts.
If you’re driven to work at a high-level with a culturally driven company where more growth equals a bigger impact, keep reading…
Our Delegate Services Executive will primarily be responsible for:
- Directly supporting the Event Project Manager in all delegate service functions.
- Registration Software set-up and management: be the super-user of our event management software, being able to think through the best way to set up the software to manage an individual event taking into account the delegate user experience and the reporting requirements. Manage the day-to-day operation of the software troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Event App Platform: be the super-user of our event app platform, being able to think through the best way to set up the app to meet the needs of each individual client. Set up each event within the App customising each feature specifically for each event while implementing our best-use guidelines.
- Registration Fees: receipt and reconcile all registration fees including payment by direct deposit and credit card. Follow-up collection of outstanding registration fees once they are past the due date (pre and post-event).
- Inbox Management: Monitor all incoming messages, via our customer support portal, to promptly assist, solve or support delegates through a question or problem. Assign support tickets to appropriate team members and escalate when necessary.
- Delegate communications: preparation of the delegate communication journey, mapping out each touch point once a delegate has registered. Drafting and scheduling each communication so it’s the right message at the right time to ensure the delegate is ready to show up for the event.
- Accommodation Room block: secure accommodation block with hotels, negotiate the contract and manage fulfilment and attrition closely with the hotel.
- Delegate travel and accommodation: Book all delegate travel and accommodation including taxi/shuttle transfers, liaising directly with hotels, airlines and land transfer companies to confirm bookings.
- Reporting: track all registration statistics on a weekly basis during the registration open period, using this data and other information from the registration software to prepare a weekly progress report and a final registration report for inclusion in our final event report.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Write and review the SOP for all delegate services specific processes, implementing new processes to improve the set-up, implementation and delivery of event services.
- Onsite event support. Be onsite at our events to check in attendees, provide support to all attendees and be available to assist with any other aspect of the onsite experience.
We will share a full job description with the short-listed candidates.
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- At least 18 months experience in the events industry is a must and preferably with business events. It’s important that you have an understanding of the conferences and convention eco-system.
- Past relevant customer experience (preferably in a virtual environment).
- A thinker and a doer. You don’t need to be told what to do – you’re innovative, resourceful and able to anticipate what needs to get done, but at the same time knows when to check-in with the rest of the team.
- A self-starter with the ability to be productive and highly organised with the ability to wear many hats but be flexible to adapt as things change.
- A positive attitude and get it done mindset that searches for solutions is essential. You think about your work in terms of outcomes and results, not hours worked.
- The ability to think quickly and critically to troubleshoot issues. Passionate about helping others with excellent problem-solving skills
- An effective communicator, both verbal and in writing. Your grammar and writing skills are top-notch. You have a knack for putting the details into words and ensuring it’s easy to digest for delegates. You know how to close the loop and confirm complete customer enquiries.
- Technically competent and current. You must know how to use Microsoft products on a PC (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, OneNote). Ideally you’ll have experience with our event software tool Swoogo and Event Apps, and if not you’re prepared to learn quickly how to be a super user. Experience with a helpdesk ticket portal would be fantastic.
- An understanding of and willingness to learn Te Reo Māori me on tikanga.
- A high level of professionalism and emotional maturity (we don’t do drama here).
- Detail is your middle name. You have high standards and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary.
If you want to step into a role and work with a great team that places a high level of importance on relationships that operate from a place of mutual respect and trust, this just might be the role for you!
Applications close extended to 5pm 19 August 2022 with an immediate start date.
You must be a work-eligible resident of Aotearoa (NZ) to apply for this position.
Please complete the online application form and upload all the required files if you’d like to be considered for this role.
- A cover letter and your resume as separate PDF documents
- Results of Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- A 2-minute video introduction (we will not review videos longer than 2 minutes).
- Name and contact details of 2 referees
Before you upload files with your application ensure all files are named using the format: your name document description. e.g., Hine Smith Cover Letter, Hine Smith CV, Hine Smith Video.
We are looking forward to receiving your application before 5.00pm on 19 August 2022. But please don’t leave it until the last minute to submit your application.