SENIOR EVENT EXECUTIVE (Event Manager Māori)
This primary focus for this position is to lead the successful delivery of events managed by Auaha, whether it’s our event or an event for our clients. The goal is to ensure that all aspects of the event are implemented and delivered on time to the expected standards.
We need someone who is customer focused with strong event management skills and is financially literate. You’ll need to be super organised with an ability to juggle multiple deliverables across multiple events to ensure the event objectives and outcomes are met.
This position would be perfect for you if you’re positive, results driven, and know how to communicate with warmth and grace while negotiating with suppliers and contractors. Be confident in preparing reports that are fit for purpose to meet the client’s need. You must be able to envision the final event and reverse engineer the implementation.
We’re looking for someone who wants to work in a fast paced team delivering multiple business events a year – both in-person and virtual. You’ll know that it’s the little things that really count (it’s this mentality that helps you excel in this role). You’ll be comfortable working with a team to ensure deadlines are met and communicating when deadlines need negotiating.
We’re not your average company — we always make sure our team members have freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun – because events are demanding! The events world will require you to work some long hours at any time of the week and day as well as onsite at events — that’s why we need our team members to be flexible too.
The tasks required in this role mostly fit into an average 8-5 schedule. Our dream Senior Event Executive is open to finding their own rhythm and creating a schedule that serves their life while also ensuring they get the job done and being available to support our clients and our team. You must be able to work as part of a remote team with well-honed time management skills.
The Senior Event Executive position might be PERFECT for you if the idea of working with a fast-paced team that’s always looking to implement the latest strategies excites you! Staying up to date is fun for you – because you’re a forward-thinking action taker and continuously learning, improving, and refining your skills is a part of who you are.
We’re looking for a passionate person who understands that strategic partnerships is the heart of a thriving business event agency. You’ll put your Te Reo Māori skills to use each and every day and be able to confidently integrate Māori tikanga into an event. You’ll also be confident in your ability to stay on top of lots of key relationships.
If you’re driven to work at a high-level with a culturally driven company where more growth equals a bigger impact, keep reading…
We will share a full job description with the short-listed candidates.
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- At least 3-5 years experience in the events industry is a must and preferably with business events. It’s important that you have an understanding of the business event (conference) eco-system.
- An understanding of Te Reo Maori me on tikanga is necessary.
- A thinker and a doer. You don’t need to be told what to do – you’re innovative, resourceful and able to anticipate what needs to get done, and know how to check-in with the rest of the team contributing to the project.
- A self-starter with the ability to be productive and highly organised with the ability to wear many hats but be flexible to adapt as things change.
- A positive attitude and get it done mindset that searches for solutions is essential. You think about your work in terms of outcomes and results, not hours worked.
- The ability to think quickly and critically to troubleshoot issues. Passionate about helping others with excellence problem-solving skills
- An effective communicator, both verbal and in writing. Your grammar and writing skills are top-notch. You have a knack for putting the details into words and ensuring it’s easy to digest for clients.
- Technically competent and current. You must know how to use Microsoft products on a PC (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, OneNote). Ideally you’ll have experience with our event software tool Swoogo and Event App, and if not you’re prepared to learn quickly the capabilities and how that impacts the event delivery.
- A high level of professionalism and emotional maturity (we don’t do drama here).
- Detail is your middle name. You have high standards and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary.
If you want to step into a role and work with a great team that places a high level of importance on relationships that operate from a place of mutual respect and trust, this just might be the role for you!
Applications 5.00pm, 31 August 2023.
You must be a work-eligible resident of Aotearoa (NZ) to apply for this position.
Please complete the online application form and upload all the required files if you’d like to be considered for this role.
- A cover letter and your resume as separate PDF documents
- Results of your Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- A 2-minute video introduction (we will not review videos longer than 2 minutes).
Before you upload files with your application ensure all files are named using the format: your name document description. e.g., Hine Smith Cover Letter, Hine Smith CV, Hine Smith Video.
We looking forward to receiving your application before 5.00pm on 31 August 2023. But please don’t leave it until the last minute to submit your application.