EVENT PROJECT EXECUTIVE
The primary focus for this position is to collaborate with the Auaha team to establish event project plans and ensure our events stay on track, processes are followed, and projects are delivered on time. The goal is to take ownership of project management across Auaha events.
We need someone who is a confident project manager with experience managing events from start to finish. You are results-driven, process-driven, and team-focused with the essential ability to prepare and help achieve fully documented and executed processes and procedures. You are super organised and are comfortable juggling multiple deliverables and can hold teams accountable to ensure that objectives and outcomes are met. Supporting others is at the core of who you are. Satisfaction for you means taking care of the little (and big) things that ensure our processes run smoothly.
We’re not your average company — we always make sure our team members have freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun – because events are demanding!
The tasks required in this role mostly fit into an average 9-5 schedule. Our dream Event Project Executive is open to finding their own rhythm and creating a schedule that serves their life while also ensuring they get the job done and being available to support our team. You must be able to work as part of a remote team with well-honed time management skills.
This is a part-time position (20 hours p/w), that reports directly to our Event Director, while also collaborating closely with other key members of our team (who all work remotely).
We’re looking for a project manager who shows up daily with a get-it-done attitude, and who gets the world of event and online marketing with an understanding of Te Reo Maori me ona tikanga. You’re always thinking ahead and comfortable managing multiple projects to ensure deadlines are met and processes are followed.
If you’re driven to work at a high-level with a culturally driven company where more growth equals a bigger impact, keep reading…
Our Event Project Executive will primarily be responsible for:
- Manage and oversee ALL operations and marketing processes and projects.
- Project Management: be a super-user of our project management software (Monday.com), being able to reverse engineer all the event and marketing milestones and tasks for the successful delivery, assigning and managing team members and deadlines. Ensure all projects contain relevant and current information.
- Event Project Management: manage onboarding processes for new events and off boarding processes at conclusion of events; manage event project boards, task assignments and timelines.
- Marketing Project Management: manage marketing processes to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. Collaborate with the team on all phases of the project from set-up and implementation to publishing; including blog management, podcast management and social media management.
- Standard Operating Procedures: SOP management and creation of new SOPs when we implement a new process. Review of existing SOPs to ensure they reflect our current practice. Identify gaps in the SOP manual. Keep the contents of SOPs up to date and integrated with projects. These processes are our ‘how’ and you’ll be the one who ensures we’re consistent as a team, both internally and externally.
- Processes: Ensure processes are consistent, simplified and followed by all.
- Team meetings: Run weekly team meetings, manage agendas and participate in quarterly and annual planning days.
We will share a full job description with the short-listed candidates.
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- At least 3 years of experience in project management with knowledge of the events industry.
- At least 3 years of experience managing business events.
- A strong ability to manage multiple responsibilities daily.
- A thinker and a doer. You don’t need to be told what to do – you’re innovative, resourceful, and able to anticipate what needs to get done and collaborate with the rest of the team contributing to the project.
- A self-starter with the ability to be productive and highly organised with the ability to wear many hats but be flexible to adapt as things change.
- A positive attitude and get it done mindset that searches for solutions are essential. You think about your work in terms of outcomes and results, not hours worked.
- The ability to think quickly and critically to troubleshoot issues. Passionate about helping others with excellent problem-solving skills.
- An effective communicator, both verbal and in writing. Your grammar and writing skills are top-notch. You have a knack for putting ideas into words and ensuring everyone is on the same page. You know how to close the loop and confirm assignments are received and completed.
- Technically competent and current. You must know how to use Microsoft products on a PC (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, OneNote) and be prepared to learn the other software tools we use internally. Ideally prior knowledge and experience with Monday.com.
- An understanding of and willingness to learn Te Reo Maori me on tikanga.
- A high level of professionalism and emotional maturity (we don’t do drama here).
- Detail is your middle name. You have high standards and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary.
If you want to step into a role and work with a great team that places a high level of importance on relationships that operate from a place of mutual respect and trust, this just might be the role for you!
Applications close once the right candidate is found, so submit your application today.
You must be a work-eligible resident of Aotearoa (NZ) to apply for this position.
Please complete the online application form and upload all the required files if you’d like to be considered for this role.
- A cover letter and your resume as separate PDF documents
- Results of Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- A 2-minute video introduction (we will not review videos longer than 2 minutes).
- Name and contact details of 2 referees
Before you upload files with your application ensure all files are named using the format: your name document description. e.g., Hine Smith Cover Letter, Hine Smith CV, Hine Smith Video.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please don’t leave it too long to submit your application. We are looking to appoint the right person once we meet them.